Introduction

Landguard Point Fort, Felixstowe

Welcome to my blog about researching your ancestry (family history). I hope to post information that will be of use to anyone researching their family history. As I live in Essex (UK) I will be mainly posting about Essex-related matters but I am originally from Lancashire, with family roots going back to Yorkshire as well. So, I intend to include information related to those areas too.

As a big fan of computers and the internet I will post about software and sites too that will be useful to anyone searching for more information about the ancestors.

Another interest of mine is photography and we all like to have photos of our ancestors. I sometimes buy old postcards and have a small collection of photographs of people unrelated to myself (as far as I know anyway) and will be posting some of these on the site too.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Colchester Castle

Where to find useful websites for researching your family history

Free online resources for family history research